The accepted knowledge is that Diabetes destroys gradually over years. Ketosis Prone Type 2 diabetes is an acute form of type 2. This type 2 can reach fasting blood sugars of 300 or higher in months. This blog brings together all the documentation that I could find in the world and my speculation of what it means for KPD’s in specific and diabetics in general. I ask you to leave your stories about what happened to you so that we can all gain a better understanding of what we are dealing with.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Provoking Event of Ketosis Prone T2 Diabetes

I am not a scientist but I've been wandering around the marshes of KPD ever since I was diagnosed and, I believe, the answer to what provokes KPD is actually quite prosaic. Researchers have been looking at viruses, stress and other things because they have not come up with something that pushes off the KPD diabetic crisis. I'm willing to bet that this provoking factor hasn't been discovered because the researchers are looking too hard. The simplest explanation is diet. Too much carbs in too short of a time done over and over in a few days is what does it. To be more specific, I think, if anyone would look, they would find that KPD's before DKA slacked their thirst with high glycemic products such as juice and soda. This would be enough to push them over the edge.

2 comments:

  1. We need to discuss this one further ... which came first, the craving, or the sugar?

    I suspect a craving that went into an upward spiral of sugar consumption!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    I would think it obvious that thirst or hunger came first. They are, after all, natural physiological reactions. Eating a Twinkie or drinking a Coke, however would only stoke more physical reaction until the diabetic spiral went out of control.
    What is very much unknown is the internal physical environment. These people obviously had done the same act dozens, maybe hundreds, of times. What changed to suddenly make this reaction go so badly out of control?

    ReplyDelete

I'm getting way too much spam comments. Sorry for the inconvenience.