The accepted knowledge is that Diabetes destroys gradually over years. Ketosis Prone Type 2 diabetes is an acute form of type 2. This type 2 can reach fasting blood sugars of 300 or higher in months. This blog brings together all the documentation that I could find in the world and my speculation of what it means for KPD’s in specific and diabetics in general. I ask you to leave your stories about what happened to you so that we can all gain a better understanding of what we are dealing with.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Please make the fight

I have to go back to work, and I wish to say this before I sign off. I wrote this blog because I saw unnecessary suffering, I come from a family  that  died  young because of this accursed diabetes. The peoples who have read this blog span the world and know that we are in the grips of something horrible that has not been given name or face in the world. I see you from all corners of the globe. This is a real thing. The science is there but the recognition is not. People are dying and suffering due to this. I can't do this alone. Others must step forth and push this agenda.

I come from slaves in the US. We suffered lynchings and burnings because we believed that there was something right that had to be pursued. I was brought up to make the fight for justice and this is was this blog has been for me. It is dedicated to my family who died young from heart attacks, strokes and cancer. It is based on the belief that this did not have to happen and that it can be stopped, if I would make the fight.

In this blog, I have not only brought forth the information about this diabetes but also put myself on the line by actively experimenting on myself to show that this is a special type of diabetes. I can't do it alone. You, out there, have to push this issue in China, Indonesia, Brazil, Turkey, Africa. It is up to us to make this known and get proper care for our brothers and sisters.

I've made the fight. Please, make the fight as well. Nothing will get better without our efforts. No more funerals, no more amputations without the understanding of what we face. This is what I ask. This is what making the fight is about. The information is here. What is needed is the will to push it and challenge all the thoughts on diabetes that endangers us.

Take this information and, please, make the fight.

Mike Barker

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Michael. I'm a type 1 but, will do my best to help spread the word about this type of diabetes. For me, it is a human rights issue that this type of diabetes be recognized and acknowledged. I hate to think that cases would have to continue to climb for everyone to finally take serious notice.

    ReplyDelete

I'm getting way too much spam comments. Sorry for the inconvenience.